ENERGETIC FERTILITY METHOD™ ONLINE CLASS
Release & Participation Agreement
Thank you for participating in the online version of the Energetic Fertility Method™ Class (the “Class”) presented by Nancy Mae with the support of other presenters (collectively the “Presenters”). This Agreement contains important information Nancy Mae needs to share with you and for you to understand. By participating in the Class you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Class is designed to help participants learn to energetically align their mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual selves in order to create an optimal environment for conception to occur. However, you understand the information presented during the Class, including ideas, suggestions, instructions, techniques, training, exercises, restorative yoga postures, breath work, and other materials, is educational in nature and is provided only as general information and is not medical or psychological advice or treatment.
- By participating in the Class, you understand you will be learning about and using an innovative non-medical/non-psychological approach Nancy Mae developed called the Energetic Fertility Method™ (EFM). EFM is a multi-session process created to help women release energetic issues surrounding fertility. EFM is designed to recognize and harmonize energetic systems related to fertility in order to engender a fertile environment for conception to occur.
- Although EFM appears to have promising emotional, spiritual, and physical health benefits, it has yet to be fully researched by the Western academic, medical, and psychological communities and therefore, is considered experimental. EFM is self-regulated and no state in the United States licenses any practitioners or teachers of EFM and it’s considered an alternative or complementary healing approach. While the Presenters have experience as alternative healing arts practitioners, you understand the Presenters are not psychologists, psychotherapists, physicians, or other licensed healthcare providers. Since EFM is a new approach and the extent of EFM’s effectiveness, as well as its risks and benefits, are not fully known, you agree to assume and accept full responsibility for any and all risks associated with using EFM and for applying what you may learn from participating in the Class.
- You understand that the Class is an experiential program and is not to be considered treatment for infertility or any other physical/medical problem or emotional/mental disorder. Further, you understand the Class is not a substitute for traditional methods of fertility enhancement or any other medical or psychological treatment. You agree to consult with your healthcare provider(s) for any specific medical or psychological problems and to continue any medical or psychological treatment that you’re currently receiving. In addition, you understand that any information shared during the Class is not to be considered a recommendation that you stop seeing any of your healthcare professionals or using prescribed medication, if any, without consulting with your healthcare professional, even if after using EFM it appears and indicates that such medication or therapy is unnecessary.
- Please be advised that by participating in the Class, it’s possible to experience some emotional distress or physical discomfort. It is also possible to experience some emotional distress and physical discomfort related to stressful experiences you may have had earlier in your life. You agree to stop any exercises, including but not limited to restorative yoga postures, breath work, or any other Class activities should your participation in the Class inadvertently activate distressing reactions in you. Also, in such event you agree to notify the Presenters and to seek professional help, if needed. If you have any concerns about your experiences in the Class, or if you have questions or concerns about EFM, please feel free to ask Nancy Mae for further resources.
- Any stories or testimonials presented during the Class do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding the outcome of an individual using EFM for fertility enhancement. Further, you understand that the Presenters make no warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding any outcome for you using EFM during or after the Class for fertility enhancement. You agree to take full responsibility for your self-care in the emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual dimensions of your life.
- Due to the fact that the Class includes online group discussions or processes, including four (4) optional group coaching teleconferences, in which you may voluntarily reveal personal health information, you understand that you waive your rights of privacy and confidentiality. You acknowledge and agree that anything and everything discussed with the Presenters either during or separate from the Class is merely a perspective for you to consider and your participation in the Class is not intended to create nor does it establish a practitioner-client relationship or any other type of professional relationship between you and the Presenters.
- You understand your participation in the Class is strictly voluntary, at your own risk, and that you freely choose to participate. You acknowledge that you have been given the opportunity by Nancy Mae to ask questions regarding any aspect of this Agreement. You represent you are competent and able to understand the nature and consequences of participating in the Class. You also understand and agree that this Agreement is intended to be a complete unconditional release of liability and assumption of risk to the greatest extent permitted by law. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and your heirs, legal representative, and assigns. You represent that you are an adult under the laws of the state of your residence in the United States, or country if you reside outside of the United States, whichever is applicable, and you have the right to enter into this Agreement.
- Any and all matters in dispute between the parties to this Agreement, whether arising from or relating to the Agreement itself, or arising from alleged extra-contractual facts prior to, during, or subsequent to the Agreement, including, without limitation, fraud, misrepresentation, negligence or any other alleged tort or violation of the contract, shall be governed by, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law doctrines and regardless of the legal theory upon which such matter is asserted. This Agreement may not be amended except in writing signed by both parties. No waiver by any party of any right under this Agreement will be construed as a waiver of any other right. If a court finds any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable as applied to any circumstance, then it is agreed that the balance of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect and the remainder of this Agreement will be interpreted to best carry out the intent of the parties.
For good and valuable consideration, the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, you and your heirs agree to fully release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend, Nancy Mae, her support presenter(s), employees, staff members, agents, representatives, consultants, volunteers, and others associated with Nancy Mae, from any and all claims or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, and for any damage or injury, including but not limited to, financial, personal, emotional, psychological, medical, or otherwise, which you may incur arising at any time as a result of your voluntary decision to participate in the Class.